Saturday, February 14, 2009

GENDER ISSUES

THE WOMAN LOST DIGNITY

The female anatomy by nature is so refined and delicate – the body is softer with finer curves and having the ability to reproduce life by child bearing is the most wonderful aspect and mystery of being a woman.

I personally appreciate the fact that I was created a woman thus, carry myself with self esteem. Even so, I cherish the way I was formed and do little or nothing to alter my looks. The reason why I am not much into make up in any form how ever, but staying within the basics of looking good and presentably. Yes, I like looking natural but then that’s just about being me, having my own identity and personality every day, every time.

Self esteem and confidence is inbuilt. We need to be our own models and cut out for ourselves a place in the society. Naturally we must be contented with whom we are if not there is a problem psychologically. Many females in our society lack these tenets of self esteem and confidence thereby does not belief in themselves but wishes to be someone else I shall term it ‘personality covetousness’- instead of creating and exalting their own personality.

I watch with scorn, disgust and awe, to see how women have lost their respect and dignity, jeopardizing their virtues. The prevalence of this ‘jezebelic’ syndrome has hampered our vital statues which we are to treasure and uphold. In essence we have traded our morality, integrity and dignity.

We profess empowerment, equality, marginalization, discrimination, servility and liberation, how do we attain these? Is it by allowing ourselves to be misused or rather some of us instead of holding our bodies sacred, we just enjoy misusing our own bodies with vile acts, trampling on our self respect?

Women have gone beyond dressing in a more revealing and embarrassing manner. I guess to entice and show off their full view with no remorse or misgiving. A wise saying stipulates we hope for something not seen but when we completely expose our bodies in public, a descent male will no longer have craving for such a woman- there is nothing left for him to anticipate or desire.
In the entertainment world the male Entertainers are usually fully clothed while the female dancers are almost naked. Women use their bodies to make a living known as prostitution. Some countries especially in Europe are in favor of prostitution and it is regarded as a profession so Prostitutes are liable to pay taxes, while in a country like the United State of America Prostitution is illegal except for parts of Nevada.
Sweden is the first country in the world to decriminalize prostitution for the Prostitutes, but criminalize the act of buying sex.

How ever, the fact is, these Prostitutes and Striptease succumb to all sort of absurd dealings and treatments from their Clientele and Employers. Some women perpetuate this act by running brothels in the process they do not only involve in trafficking innocent girls but also exploit them.


Watching some television programs in the US like the ‘Girl Next Door’, I ponder why luscious and good looking girls who have all the opportunities to make a decent life should subject themselves to such indecency by exposing their nakedness for the fun of it.

My heart aches when I see how female folks display animosity and humiliate themselves for men and money. Situations like this could be seen in the program ‘Mommas Boy’, ‘Jerry Springer show’ and ‘Flavor of Love’.
I am still puzzle as to what frame of mind are these females to conduct themselves as such especially when I sometimes appraise the man in question.

My dissolution stem from the fact that, I cannot comprehend why a man has to have romance and sex with several girls in the same setting just to choose one. Above all these girls engage in to quarrels, arguments, fights, insult each other using mean words, cry yet they all still talk about love. Common!

Going by the actual perspective of love, I don’t think that is how it is exhibited. I’m agin the issue that a group of young and viable women should waste by involving themselves in an elimination contest. Condescending so low and allowing themselves to be used and humiliated with no consideration of guarding their self respect. I find this so weird.
Considering the role of the media should be to inform, educate and create awareness with the objective of positivism, I wonder about the desired outcome for such programs aired.

Sex relationships by all means should be something discreet, passionate, exciting and sacred. We should endeavor not to be used but be of use to engrave a mark in our society as women and pave a legacy of morals for posterity. Please my female folks I entreat and pray we imbue in us self confidence and engage in respectful and resourceful activities in order to harness our integrity; restore our morality, reinforce our dignity so that we can procure standards in humanity.

By Cecile Enie

No comments: